1. How much of the money I donate go towards the orphans?
100% of the donations collected by OSP for the purpose of sponsoring orphans (unless explicitly stated) are transferred to the following Canadian federally registered charities. Most charities have administrative costs to run their programs worldwide, send donors yearly updates, process information, maintain the orphanages, and provide for the children. The following are the % donations used for admin costs by charities we commonly deal with:
- ICNA Relief – 0-10% donation used for admin cost
- Human Concern International – 0% donation used for admin cost
- Islamic Relief – 0-10% donation used for admin cost
You may specify which charity you would like to help an orphan through. i.e. if you would like 100% of your donations to be used to help orphans, Human Concern International would be your best choice.
2. If I Sponsor an Orphan for a year or more, will I get updates on how they are doing?
Yes! You will get yearly updates mailed to you from a registered charity that is helping the orphan on the ground.
3. Is my donation tax deductible?
If you sponsor an orphan for a year or do a non-anonymous donation of over $50, you will receive a tax receipt from a registered charity from which we sponsor from.