Join OSP Team Fall 2011!
Adopt-an-Orphan Outreach Director
- Life blood/ Face of OSP
- Talking to people personally at events about the program, how it works, and and how they can help
- Securing potential donors in the community who are interested to adopt, or donate a one-time amount
- Making press release and collaborations with masjid and other clubs
- Spreading awareness in the KW region
- Plans, organizes and conducts large events, used to raise funds for orphans
- Encouraged to create NEW fun and exciting events
- Examples of past initiatives: BBQ’s, Carnival, Squash Tournaments, Bake Sales, Henna fundraisers
- Events such as these help people learn about OSP, connect with us, and help us raise money inshAllah
- Designing simple and effective promotional material using the OSP brand
- eg: posters, brochures, pamphlets, banners, powerpoints, etc.
- Being good at marketing has nothing to do with how much of a photoshop pro you are – it’s about delivering a message. We need people who are effective in the layout and delivery of content from use of even simple programs such as Microsoft Office. And OSP will also provide tons of help to you!
- Updating and improving the website to reflect the most accurate and easy to find information
- Starting up our social networking initiative
- Helps out at events and essential miscellaneous tasks on occasion
- eg: grilling burgers, posting posters for an event, holding donation boxes at Juma collections, etc.
- Minimal commitment and limited involvement in the OSP team. Very important to the team!
InshAllah we will be having an OSP Kick Off Meeting next week on Tuesday, Nov 1st from 6-9pm at MC 4042. Due to midterms, we pushed it to make sure each and every one of you will be able to join us for the kick off. Let us know if there is any conflict of timing to your schedule.